Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: Arbonne Protein Shake

Another product I tried from the Arbonne essentials line was the vanilla protein shake mix.  The shake has "20 grams of vegan protein plus more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals per serving. 

The packet says to mix it with 9oz of water, but I mixed it with Almond milk.  One of the consultants says she does this and I figured it would taste better. I also added about 12oz of Almond milk instead of the 9 suggested ounces of fluid, because it looked clumpy.  I didn't have a shaker cup so I put mine into a water bottle and tried to shake it up pretty good.  It smelled delicious.

I substituted this protein shake for breakfast and it also tasted delicious.  I felt like I was drinking a milkshake.  I could still taste a few clumps in the drink so I shook it up some more.  I don't know if that would have been better if I had the shaker cup or not.  Overall, I liked the shake.  It tasted good and I didn't feel like I was drinking a protein shake. 

They come in two flavors: chocolate and vanilla and run 10 in a pack for $25.  However, there are discount programs where you can get the products for up to 35 percent off.   


3 comments:

  1. These shakes are scrumptious. No sour taste because they do not contain whey. The protein is from split pea, cranberry, and brown rice. No artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors. I love them!! I usually mix mine with spinach, strawberries, and blueberries. Trust me you cannot taste the greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I didn't think about adding ingredients like that to it. I bet that is good. However, I actually love spinach so the taste probably wouldn't bother me.

      Delete
  2. Try it with the spinach next time. Just mix it up in a magic bullet and viola!!

    ReplyDelete