Thursday, October 3, 2013

Caitlyn Has A New Do!

I had gotten lazy with Cate's hair lately because it is just too big and thick.  We were making good use of puffs and two ponytails. We also "forgot" to wash it on Sunday.  There was just so much going on. So I finally washed her hair yesterday and decided to spruce it up a little. She requested a mohawk but I wasn't sure I could pull that off and make it look decent, especially since I have no idea how to braid.  I do a lot of twisted styles with her hair but I need to jump on that braiding bandwagon.

 

I ended up twisting it across the back and doing two strand twists on the side.  (After row three, I almost gave up.)  Then I put perm rods in to curl the ends.

Note:  Perm rods are instrumental in keeping a toddler quiet.  Caleb stood at the table for a good while hooking and unhooking.  I've just found him a good independent, SILENT, fine motor skill activity.
This is what it looks like this morning.

 
 
This is what it looked like this morning after taking the rods out and separating the curls a little.


 
We are both happy with the new do!  Hopefully, it will last until the end of next week.

4 comments:

  1. Tell Cate I am loving her hair!!!! Great job mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I always thought if I had a girl I would need to learn how to braid..it doesn't look as simple as I think it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Exactly, for me either. It doesn't look that hard but I just can't grasp the concept. Everyone says it is easy, but when I try it looks like I tried to braid upside down with my eyes closed.

      Delete