Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oh, How We Love The Goodwill

I absolutely love the Goodwill or any second hand stores for that matter. You can find some great deals there on anything from clothes to toys to furniture that you could redo or spruce up.   I like to go to the goodwill at least once every two weeks, sometimes more, even if I'm just looking.  However, I really get a rush when I find that diamond in the rough. 

 
This week we took a trip to the goodwill to look around.  We always have an hour to kill between the time Cate and AJ get out of school.  I went looking for a tray for the coffee table.  I wanted something goldish vintage looking, I think.  You know how you're not quite sure what you're looking for but you'll know it when you see it.
 
I actually didn't find one but got distracted by my other obsession.  Books.  I love books and I collect them.  I want this huge Beauty and Beast library one day.  Soon. 
 
 
So this is what I ended up leaving with.



 A good handful of books.  All of them except two were 59 cent each.  The other two hard covers were 1.99 each.  Even though this is Goodwill, I felt like that was a big price jump between a paperback and hardcover.  Still a great price, though.  This is the list:
 
-James Patterson-You've Been Warned
-Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones ( This is one of those movies I can probably never watch again. )
-Kimberla Lawson Roby - A taste of reality
-Anita Shreve - The Pilot's Wife
-Kim Echlin - The Disappeared
-Regina Franklin - Who Calls Me Beautiful?  Finding our true image in the mirror of God  ( currently reading)
-James Patterson - 11th hour
 
 
Cate and Caleb picked a book as well.  They've about amassed a library of their own. 
  
 
39 and 29 cent a piece


This dish also caught my attention for $2. 




I was using it as a candy dish (though we never have one), then stuck a candle in it, but now it's empty.  I think it looks good with the candle.  Maybe I could find another one.  I have some of my books stacked neatly by.  The tray I didn't find would be used to put the candles and a dish on.


 

  
And we found a Tigger that we just had to bring home.  It kept these two busy in the store and regardless of age, all three have been playing with this thing the minute we got home.  Cate also found her a "frog prince"  with Velcro hands and feet that she adores.  Aj, of course, is not happy he didn't make this trip so I have to take him. 

 
They really put on a show with this thing.  It plays music and Caleb decided to bust some moves in the store.


This morning to drop the kids off at school
 
He's been carrying everywhere since.


No comments:

Post a Comment