Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY Halloween Trick or Treat Bags





This is an easy simple bag I made and by simple I mean I just "winged it." I've mentioned that I really don't know how to sew but I like to "play" on my sewing machine.  I didn't do any measuring for this bag and I usually only measure if I'm making actual clothes.  Other than that I just try to eye ball it. (Perfectionism at its best)

Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Cut out two rectangular pieces of fabric.  Take one piece of fabric, fold down the top a little making a crease, iron and sew it down.  Do the same for the second piece of fabric. 

Then fold down again and make enough room for a casing or that a piece of ribbon could be put through.  (notice I used a fancy sewing term here).  Sew across and do the same for the second piece.  This is the top of the bag. 

Now put both pieces of fabric together (patterns facing each other).  Sew around the bag but not over the very top where you've made your casing or you won't have a place for your ribbon to go through.

Attach a ribbon of your choice to a safety pin and thread it through to the end. Tie ribbon in a bow or knot at the end and you're done!

2 comments: