Friday, October 4, 2013

Just Write


I started blogging on a whim.  Not quite sure what is was nor what is was supposed to be for me. For you.  See I am a writer.  I used to be a writer.  Not professionally, not publicly, not famously, but I write.   However, I had lost it over the years.  Then one day out of the blue, something led me to blogging.  I didn’t know why.  I didn’t know a thing about blogging.  But I tried to find out about it, read about it, follow blogs and study them.  Then, I did it.  I started a blog.  I had no idea what to put here.   What exactly it was that I was supposed to say, but I was led here.  So I had to take the chance, I had to put words here that made sense.  I started talking about everything family, relationships, race, church, crafts… everything.  But the one thing I rarely talked about was writing.  Was I a blogger?  Was I a writer?  I didn’t know.  I didn’t know if one could be the other, or if one was trying to be the other.  I just went with it.  There were times when I’d be confused.  I didn’t know exactly what to write, if it fit…  If it was supposed to here…  If I was supposed to be here.   I’ve been blogging for 6 months now.  Blogging has helped me unjumble all the jumbled thoughts in my head.  It’s helping me put them on paper again.  It’s helping me find my voice again,  the one that hides behind the books and magazines.   I think the journey to blogging was a way to reignite the passion for writing.  The words that I long held so close but had managed to let slip away.  Before blogging, I hadn’t written anything in almost 8 years unless specifically asked to write something for a particular event.  And now, I’ve started to write again.  Really write…  random free unconventional writing.  Not here, because I’m still not sure if it fits.   But writing fits.  It’s one of the pieces of me. I thought God couldn’t have possibly given me all these words to keep to myself.   And as I sat wondering about this writing, I thought of three words.   Three little words that made sense.  Three little words I ran with and they reassured me of myself.  And I put them here.

2 comments:

  1. Writing is such a beautiful art. So happy for you that blogging has reignited that passion for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. There is so much life in writing. I'm glad it's back. Thanks!

      Delete