I love my munchkins but mama needs a break. I contemplated not going. Uggg. Would I be the bad mom?
I mean I would technically have to dig some energy somewhere out of something to enter this kid crazed world of organized chaos. Let me mention that it was already 7:30. I'd been fantasizing about bedtime for the last hour and a half. Dear Lord, help me. I'm wearing a tank top and haven't shaved in ummm.... So I need to put on different shirt which will need ironing. (sigh) That was almost a deal breaker, right there. Then, I would have to run after a indecisive toddler and a high spirited Disney princess. AJ is pretty much on his own. He's teetering into that tween "just let me be" stage which is making me nervous.
The hubs said I didn't have to go and could rest but I could tell the kids were waiting to see my response. I went. I was feeling partially guilty already. Why are moms like that? You can do everything for your kids but if you miss that one game, didn't make those cupcakes for the bake sale, or buy that whatchamacallit on the fundraising sheet so they can get that toy that only costs a dollar at dollar store, guilt sets in.
I'm going to put an end to that. Next time I will stay home and I will REJOICE and be GLAD in it! Although I'll probably call 10 times to see what they're doing.
1. Clean out and wash the car (No big deal, right? Half of summer is in there.)
2. Set up a command center ( our current one is a mess and I need it more organized)
3. Make weekday labels for the kids' clothes ( I did these last year but didn't laminate- now they're destroyed)
4. Make a few new hair accessories for Cate
5. Finish making the rest of the napkins for lunchboxes
6. Freezer cooking - it's about to get real around here. (play dates, homework, swimming, football, choir practice, - a whole lot of stuff is about to hit the floor and I better get ready. The last thing I'm going to want to do, after all that, is stress out in the kitchen.)
7. Decide on a back to school hair style for Cate and have an idea of the rest of them for the month.
8. Go ahead and get back on our bedtime schedule.