Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Weekend and Back To School Goals

So this weekend the hubs decided to take the kids out for a fun trip because he was busy with work all week.  I thought that was a great idea except for one problem.  I wanted no part of it.  Usually when the hubs gets home at the end of the week I'm like "hey, I missed you", "I love you", "now here." ( hands kids over)

I love my munchkins but mama needs a break.  I contemplated not going.  Uggg.  Would I be the bad mom? 

I mean I would technically have to dig some energy somewhere out of something to enter this kid crazed world of organized chaos.  Let me mention that it was already 7:30.  I'd been fantasizing about bedtime for the last hour and a half.  Dear Lord, help me.  I'm wearing a tank top and haven't shaved in ummm.... So I need to put on different shirt which will need ironing.  (sigh) That was almost a deal breaker, right there.  Then, I would have to run after a indecisive toddler and a high spirited Disney princess.  AJ is pretty much on his own.  He's teetering into that tween "just let me be" stage which is making me nervous. 

The hubs said I didn't have to go and could rest but I could tell the kids were waiting to see my response.  I went.  I was feeling partially guilty already.  Why are moms like that?  You can do everything for your kids but if you miss that one game, didn't make those cupcakes for the bake sale, or buy that whatchamacallit on the fundraising sheet so they can get that toy that only costs a dollar at dollar store, guilt sets in. 

I'm going to put an end to that.  Next time I will stay home and I will REJOICE and be GLAD in it!  Although I'll probably call 10 times to see what they're doing. 
 
 
These two decided to take a wild ride.  Cate loves this thing.  I thought Caleb was just too small for all the shaking but he was determined to ride with big sis.
 
 
Alley ball.  AJ only stopped to check in for a second. before heading on his way. 
 
 
Having a ball of fun in Ballocity.
 
We all had a good time and the place actually wasn't that crowded.  I was surprised being that it was Saturday night but we didn't get there until 8. 
 
 
Then, on Sunday we took a trip to see one of my friends from college.  It's been 2 years since we last saw each other!  We have really got to do better.  It was great catching up with the family.  This is like my sister and I LOVE HER!
Also has her natural hair going on.
 
 
There are friends who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24
 
 
School House Rock!!!!
 
It's almost here!  School starts in a little over a week and I've got a lot of stuff to smooth out before it gets here.  So I've set some goals for myself.
 
1.  Clean out and wash the car (No big deal, right?  Half of summer is in there.)
 
2.  Set up a command center ( our current one is a mess and I need it more organized)
 
3.  Make weekday labels for the kids' clothes ( I did these last year but didn't laminate- now they're destroyed)
 
4.  Make a few new hair accessories for Cate
 
5.  Finish making the rest of the napkins for lunchboxes
 
6.  Freezer cooking - it's about to get real around here.  (play dates, homework, swimming, football, choir practice,  - a whole lot of stuff is about to hit the floor and I better get ready.  The last thing I'm going to want to do, after all that, is stress out in the kitchen.)
 
7.  Decide on a back to school hair style for Cate and have an idea of the rest of them for the month.
 
8.  Go ahead and get back on our bedtime schedule.
 

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Family fun time :-) I laughed as I read this because I can identify with not shaving. Your list is ambitious but you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I really wanted to do was lay out on the floor. lol I've only got to one and half of these goals so far. I better jump on it!

      Delete
  2. Ah the mommy guilt, I know it all too well :) You have got a great list, now I need to freezer cook, because when it gets busy and I get tired I do NOT want to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. No matter what we do, we'll feel guilty about the one thing we hadn't. I've never done freezer cooking but it gets hectic around here. I'm going to give it a try and hope for the best.

      Delete
  3. The guilt is the worst! Ugh. You deserve a few quiet moments to just lay on the floor or use the bathroom alone or whatever you want. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete