Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homemade Christmas - Playdough


Well, I haven't been doing much blogging lately, have I?  It has been such a busy hectic time as I mentioned earlier this week.  Despite the month of December slowly turning into a monster, I've been trying to maintain some sort of merry in our Merry Christmas. 

We've had some minor stuff going on like the printer crashing, the laptop monitor busted and Caleb and I having the stomach virus.  This wasn't much to deal with, but then the big stuff happened.  My father n law was airlifted to the hospital and was in ICU, my mother n law had to have a blockage removed in her heart and Caleb ran into the coffee table and got a huge nasty bruise by his eye.  As of today, most everything has or is being resolved.  My husbands parents are both doing much much better and Caleb is doing a lot better, too.  Thank the Lord. 

But on to the Play dough.

I'm finally getting another post up of some of my homemade gifts.  Play dough.  It's one of Caleb's favorite things and I knew this would make a great gift for him.  I'm no longer making the rainbow crayons.  I suppose I must have accidentally thrown all the broken pieces away because I don't know where they got to. 


 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vegetable oil
food coloring
 
 
 


 
Dump all the ingredients in a pot except the food coloring and mix together. 


 
 
Cook over medium heat.  It will start to thicken.


 
Keep stirring the dough until it forms a ball.  When it is no longer sticky, it's done. 


 
It's done.  This is one of three balls that I divided the dough into.
 
 

 
I poked my fingers in the middle and added some food coloring.


 
Next, knead and mix the food coloring in the dough.


 
Green play dough!


 
I used an old peanut butter jar that was cleaned out to store the play dough.  I added some cookie cutters to make a finished gift.
 
I know Caleb is going to love it.  He is always eyeing the play dough in the toy aisles in the store and it's been a good while since we've had some in the house.  Now, finding this smashed into the carpet, I'm probably not going to like that too much. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment