Thursday, February 28, 2013

Getting Crafty For Dr. Seus

Dr. Seus day is on deck. The kids are actually celebrating at school tomorrow and are allowed to dress up. Sounds fun right? What's not fun is not finding out about it until yesterday afternoon. We didn't dress up last year because they forgot about it and I really didn't think about it. Now I've got my work cut out for me, The Cat in the Hat and Thing 2.
So this morning after dropping them off to school, I set out to make the dream come alive. But not after going back home to retrieve Cate's backpack and taking it all the way back to the school. Exactly how many times did I tell her to get her things ready this morning? I'm already doing everything else. Anyway, I had one day to get this done and I was not going to spend a lot of money. (Not like I had a lot to spend anyway) My first stop was the Goodwill. I managed to find a pair of black pants and a top for the Cat in the Hat and a red shirt to turn Miss Cate into Thing 2. I then made my way to Hobby Lobby. I absolutely love this store; however, my wallet, not so much. After some searching, between the two, this is what I came out with.
We already had the red pants. I just threw them in to get an idea of what I'm working with. Somehow, I hope to turn these items into the Cat in the Hat and Thing 2 by morning. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment