Saturday, February 16, 2013

SABOTAGE: PART 1

I roll over. It's 2:36 in the morning. Caleb has his hand down my shirt entangled in my bra strap. These are some of the things they don't tell you about breastfeeding. You will still have a near 2 year old child obsessed with your boobs. But why is this child still awake? We had given up on trying to get him to sleep around 1:00am and just decided to get in the bed. He is now looking down the hallway. I believe he is trying to corrupt any chance I have for being on time tomorrow for Pastor's Anniversary. He would, wouldn't he. I said a silent prayer. "Lord please let this child go to sleep very soon." He keeps sitting up looking and fidgeting. I am beyond exhausted. "Lord did you hear me?" I assume maybe he is hungry. I go to the kitchen and bring him a mini chocolate chip muffin. He happily ate it and drink a little bit behind it. There. That should do it. Pleeeaasse go to sleep. I then started wandering if this was a sign that he was sick or about to get sick. Second Prayer. "Lord please don't let my baby be sick and heal any sickness that may be trying to creep into his little body." I just hate it when babies are sick. They are too little and we are too useless. All we can do is hold them and watch. I really do hate that. He is sitting up again looking down the hallway. What in the world is he looking at?! I look down the hallway. I remember how the older people used to say that babies can see angels and spirits. I'm on my third prayer. "Lord, please don't let me have some "Sixth Sense, Paranormal Child" lying in the bed beside me CAUSE AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!!!! Now I can't stop sitting up and looking down the hallway. I didn't even watch Criminal Minds tonight. Great. Just great.

2 comments: