Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Very First Twist Out

First of all, I am in grieving mode because I didn't win the lottery. After the computer put me down last night (still down, blogging from phone), the phone started going crazy ( couldn't contact anybody- God wanting me to keep my winning a secret), and a random stranger walked up to me and asked if I was tired (tired of everything), I just knew God was about to make it happen. Well he did, but not for me. I guess I need to tape those student loan papers back up. Uuhhhhh.

Last week, I decided to try my very first twist out. I was getting a little bored with my hair and wanted to try something new. I didn't wash my hair before doing it but wet it with a spray bottle. I used a combination of As I Am leave in, olive oil and Cantu Shea butter.



I didn't realize how long my hair really was until now. It kind of shocked me. When I finished, I wrapped it with a scarf for the night.



That morning I rolled the ends up for about an hour and a half while I roamed the house trying to figure out how a toddler can make a mess in so little time.



This is what it looked like when I took it out. Next, I started taking it all loose with a little bit of olive oil on my hands. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that I would need to fluff, pick, pat, slick, etc, etc. I'm going to blame that on exhaustion. I was hoping it would come out something like Cate's. Just done with little or no manipulation but shorter.

Cate in two strand mini twist out.


Chunky twist out

And then there was me.

After I had finished taking it loose. I ran my hands though my hair and just stood there.

NOW WHAT?

Here goes the styling. I used some Eco-styler on the edges.






Not too bad for a first try!



Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. girl you are hilarious!!! I love the blogs...keep them coming :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Laughter is a good stress reliever. I make sure I do it often!

      Delete
  2. Looks good and practice makes perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! IYeah, I'll be practicing more if I'm not too lazy to retwist at night. Lol

    ReplyDelete