Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hey God, Did You Forget About Me?

Do you ever feel like there are times when God has forgotten about you?  You feel like you are doing all you can to please him but trouble seems to always find their way to your door.



  Every time you try to move forward, something happens to put you three steps back.  You read your Bible, you try to live a Christ centered life, you help others without expecting anything in return, you pay your tithes, you're building that relationship and becoming closer with God, you try to be pure of heart, you're doing everything " thus say the Lord" (Did I cover it all?) but something is always trying to stop you. You feel like you just can't get your blessing.

I feel like this sometimes but it was at it's height about two weeks ago.  It seemed like all the walls had closed in and I had nowhere to go.  I couldn't breathe. 

"Oh, God!"

"What Now!"

 "Lord why me?! 


1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you

Though I'm not surprised, sometimes I'm like God must think I'm a bad mammajamma!

This past year everything has been flipped upside down making me more than nauseous.  Everything wants to tear up at the same time (fridge, car, microwave), family crisis popping up at every corner (drug addiction, mental illness), financial issues (This is about to be a money blog, baby!),  people calling me with their problems ( I can't save anybody), parents need things (we've been caretakers and primary financial supporters for the last 8 years).  I was like what in the devil is going on and I cried.  Now, I think I mentioned I am not a crier.  Excessive crying annoys me.  Heavily.  I'm more of the "You need to dry that up and come on.  We still got things to do." type. 

Well anyway, I was taking a glimpse of the non Christians.  You know how we do it.  Look at so and so over there.  They Ain't trying to live right, Ain't paying they tithes, Ain't Doing NOTHIN' and happy as clown.  It just looks like they don't have any problems. ( Of course, they do)

But why would they.  The enemy got them right where he wants them and I had to remember that God was likely trying to get me right where He wanted me.  Wholely and solely trusting and depending on Him.  He hasn't forsaken me.  He was and is with me the whole time even when I cried. To be honest it felt real good to cry.  That's that broken and contrite spirit.  lol.  The spirit that brings about that spiritual maturity that develops through trials.  I had to remember even through the tears, God has a plan for us. 

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God knows what's best for us even when we don't. It's a journey but it's not without it's detours and roadblocks.  These obstacles don't mean the journey's over but that we have to wait a while.  We'll get there.  He's shaping, molding, and preparing us for greatness.  Now how long that takes depends on how hard your dough is.  (I couldn't resist)

1Peter5:10
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

My husband had to remind me that although it was hard (the waiting, the being patient, the trying not to bang my head against the wall and scream)  It will all be rewarded in the end.  Your breakthrough is coming.  Your peace is coming.  Your blessing IS coming.  Be patient, be prayerful and be praising Him in the midst of it all.

John 16:33
I  have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

Hold on.  Change is coming!  Remember when praises go up, blessings come down.  And if you haven't heard that, try this. 

Just throw your hands up!..........And they stay there!

citilife.com
 
 
 
* Laughter is good medicine*







2 comments:

  1. I hear you, Miranda! Why does it seem that when things go wrong,they go wrong all at once? I pray that He grants you peace and wisdom to deal with all these unforseen things. It's so nice to read the verses and feel comforted. These days I need to remind myself that I know God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, thank you. Me too. We need to make sure during those rough times, we remind ourselves he's still there. Probably dragging us, but still there. Lol. Those scriptures always help.

    ReplyDelete