Monday, November 18, 2013

My Husband - The Competition, We've Registered For Our First 5k

One of my goals for this year was to do a 5k.  I say "do" because I cannot run one, not yet anyway.  There will likely be some running, walking and dying involved.  Ambulance on stand by please.

I just need to cross that finish line, no matter how many days it takes.

So I coaxed my hubby into doing the race with me.  My husband and I both ran track in high school.  He was a star, but I just needed something to do.  He even went to college on track scholarship.  hmph.  Let's say he's just turning this thing into a little competition.
 I picked that photo just so you can see the slyness of deception.  (Okay so maybe this was also one of the first ones on the computer without me having to dig for one.) 

Well, HIM has signed up for a gym membership and is at the gym every day or every other day on the treadmill. 
 RUNNING. 

Now I haven't been to the track in a long time.  I've been trying to stick to my eating a whole lot better, lifting weights and a little bit of Zumba.  HIM walks in the door from the gym talking about "I shaved another minute off my mile today."

Shut. Yo.  Face!
He's even tried to get me to build a support team to walk/run with because he is going to leave me, honey.  Just laughing. 
There's even half eaten snicker bars in fridge.  Temptation.
Well, two can play that game. 
He had the nerve to tell me he's on diet.  So I've been tempting him with all KINDS of food.
Tonight I made him some smoked neck bones, rice and gravy, broccoli and cheese, green beans with bacon and biscuits.  So when he gets back from the gym ( yes he is at the gym right now), he'll have a good ole Sunday meal waiting for him.
The kids are even going to try the 1 mile fun run.  The race is this weekend.
LOL!  I'll let you know what happens this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man!! Good luck to you guys! It's my dream to do one of those as well. I finally finished my couch to 5k program but haven't been able to get back to running yet. I'll be rooting for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always meant to do the couch to 5k and never did. Hopefully, I won't pass out out there. lol Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran track in high school too. Luckily I am way more athletic than my husband so I don't have to worry about him trying to best me :) I'm sure you will do great at your race, I love running 5K since the distance isn't too bad. I used to run marathons and those can just about kill you. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete