Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wrapping Up 30 Days Of Thanks

I always start out good and then it's a steady downfall after that.  I started doing 30 days of thanks at the beginning of the month on facebook and then fell off at day 14.  By the time I'd remember to post, it would be 11:00pm and the a new day about to start.  So on this last day of November, I decided to compile the 30 days of thanks in one place at one time.  This shouldn't be too bad.


Day 1: I'm thankful for this life I have. It's not perfect, but it's just right for us. I don't have everything I want but have everything I need. Oftentimes it's full of challenges but God gives me strength to overcome them. And when I want to complain about the mess in the floor, the too many bills, or how hard life is I try to remember that someone wishes they had someone to clean up after. Someone's praying for a job to pay their bills and there is someone, always someone, who has it harder than me.

Day 2: I'm thankful for my wonderful, hardworking husband who puts up with all my weirdness, nerdiness, and laugh attacks. I'm thankful for all he does for us on a daily basis and his ability and willingness to keep me in line. lol God knew what he was doing when he paired a hell-raiser and peacemaker together. We have a good system of checks and balances and in case you're wondering, I am not the peacemaker.

Day 3: I'm thankful for my kids. No matter how tired or crazy it may seem to get because of them, I wouldn't know what to do without them. (Yeah I would. I would sleep. ) I'm thankful to have the opportunity to nurture another human being (and try real hard not to mess them up too much) when so many people pray for the chance to be mothers and fathers and that chance doesn't always come. Each one of them is a special little blessing and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.


Day 4:
I'm thankful for the Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for His love for me when on so many times I didn't even love myself. I'm thankful for all the times when I felt unworthy, unloved, unsure, discouraged, hopeless, and like I was just no good and He said, I will make you the head and not the tail, the above and not beneath and then he said for I KNOW the plans I have for you...plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." I'm thankful for all the times I was stuck in a place whether it be emotional, physical, spiritual, or financial and I know couldn't anybody could have delivered me but God. I'm thankful for his everlasting grace and mercy that is supplied daily on my behalf, for my sake. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn, to know, and to build a relationship with such a One who has given so much for me.


Day 5:
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. It hasn't always been easy, it hasn't come without it's sacrifices and it is definitely not a laid back position. Sometimes I wonder how I managed an actual job with children beforehand, but I'm thankful. I'm thankful for that extra time I get to spend with the kids whether it's at school or at home. It's one of the most rewarding and confusing, satisfying and emotionally draining, happiest and "I want to burst into tears" (from joy and sorrow) jobs to have. Oh and the gray hairs I have because of it, I guess I'm thankful for those too.


Day 6:
I'm thankful for words. I have an ongoing affair with them, written, spoken, whatever. I love how manipulative they are. How you can string them together to make absolutely no sense and build them to make the most poignant statement. I'm thankful for the way words breathe life and how I inhale them.

Day 7:
I'm thankful for my father. I didn't really know him nor know of him but without him, there'd be no me. I've learned that I am here on purpose for a purpose and God has a plan for me. So I'm thankful to him for that.


Day 8:
I'm thankful for the gift of time. I've been to two funerals in two weeks, one was my great aunt's today, and likely a third in next couple of days. Death is sweeping through this world like a relentless wildfire. Time isn't promised to us, and each year, each day, each minute is a privilege. I'm thankful for the time I do have, I need to stop complaining about the time I don't have, and make the most of the time that we have left.


Day 9:
I'm thankful for memories. We can always revisit the good ones and reflect on the "good ole times" and look back at the not so good ones to see just how far we've come.


Day 10:
I'm thankful for my flaws. They make me distinct, unique, and imperfectly perfect. They make me me.


Day 11:
Let's thank God for all the veterans, past and present, for all the sacrifices they make for others to live freely. I have many friends and family that have or are serving, including my brother-n-law who's currently stationed in Hawaii. Those lucky ducks.


Day 12: 
I'm thankful for the basics- food, water and shelter. There are so many people who don't even have those.

Day 13:

I'm thankful for all the people I've met along this journey of life. You were either a blessin' or a lesson.

Day 14: 

I'm thankful for the ability to write. God knew he wanted life interesting when he blessed some with sarcasm and a pen. But seriously, I'd love to write a book about life, a book of poetry, and words that make people think, believe, question, aspire, or want to make a positive change in the world.

Day 15:
I'm thankful for laughter.  It's the best medicine to have to brighten up your day, keep you from crying and keep you out of prison.

Day 16: 
I'm thankful for my wonderful mom who has given up so much in order for us to have.  You never truly understand the sacrifices parents make until you are one.

Day 17:
I'm thankful for the art of music.  Music is such a powerful enchanting force.  It has the ability to calm, to uplift and to evoke so much emotion and I find it very liberating.

Day 18:
I'm thankful for my friends.  It's not easy finding people who you can share things with, confide in, and act a complete fool without being judged.

Day 19:
I'm thankful for naps and sleep.  I should do that now.

Day 20:
I'm thankful for my health. 

Day 21:
I'm thankful for my education.

Day 22:
I'm thankful for everyone that stops by, visits or finds something interesting or funny from my blog or facebook page.  I didn't start out knowing what I was doing and still not quite sure, but I'm thankful for everyone that supports me along the way.

Day 23:
I'm thankful for my cell phone, however worn out it may be. (I have the phone on the T-Mobile commercials)  I would be completely lost without it.  It's my phone book, calendar, portable Internet, alarm clock, photography studio and so much more.

Day 24:
I'm thankful for the beauty of nature.  Sometimes there's just nothing like being outside and taking it all in.

Day 25:
I'm thankful for creativity and individuality.  Life would be so boring without it.

Day 26:
I'm thankful for my mistakes.  They've made me smarter and stronger.

Day 27:
I'm thankful for second chances.  I can't count the times I've messed up and have been given the chance to do better or make it right.  For that, I'm grateful.

Day 28:
I'm thankful for the Internet.  Pinterest.  Facebook.  YouTube.  Web MD- Where else can I go at 3am to diagnose myself with some terrible disorder?

Day 29:
I'm thankful for food.  What can I say, I love to eat. 

Day 30:
I'm thankful for all the people that help to make this world go 'round.  The moms, the doctors, the teachers, officers, etc.  We all work together to make this world a better place.


2 comments:

  1. This was great, Miranda!! It's just as good all at once as it is one by one. I'm thankful for a lot of the same things , especially being able to stay home and having a roof over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no good at the day by day thing. lol We all have so much to be thankful for if we just take the time to think about it.

      I still want a dishwasher though!

      Delete