Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Homemade Christmas

Christmas is right around the corner and I am ready.  Not that I've actually been doing any shopping, though, I just want to put up a tree.  I'm trying to restrain myself. 

Well I did buy my first Christmas gift the other day.  I realized I had a $10 off of $10 or more coupon for JCP and decided to use it because it was about to expire that day.  I let Caleb pick out two shirts for AJ and used my coupon.  They cost me 8.54 for two shirts.  One down. 

Okay normally I would go in with that coupon and buy something like 10.69( tax included ) like clearance items or towels and just pay change.  However, my AJ is hitting the big guy section and men's clothing seems to never ever be on sale.  Well, at a price that I want to pay but I've been having to suck it and really get my smart shopping on.




These are the two shirts.  Caleb justified these purchases because, "AJ like that on the tv."

At least he pays attention.

This year, I've been toying around with the idea of making some home made gifts. 

It will be a great way to save some money and make the gift a little more special.  I also just like to try and do stuff.  I'm the type that will see something I love in a store and want it sooo bad, likely don't want to pay for it, and then I'm like, "Hmm, I can probably make that."  Hence, I have a kind of, sort of crafting hoarding problem. 

At first, I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I've put some thought into it and come up with a few things..  I'll probably add to this list later.

1.  Homemade Body Butter - for my mother, sister, mother in law and myself ( of course, I have to try it) I've seen a lot of recipes for these and I'll probably combine some and make a test batch first to see how it turns out.

2.  Home made Lip Balm - I want to make one that uses coconut oil since it has become a staple item in the house.

3.  Necklace and Bracelet Set and maybe a few extra bracelets - Cate
Her first two sentences on her spelling homework the other day had to do with shopping.  The ultimate girly girl.

4.  Handprint tote bag - Mom
I want to make the kids handprints or fingerprints into some type of design. I'm not sure what though.

5.  Felt wallet - Caleb

6.  Satin hair ties/head bands - Cate

7.  Playdough with cookie cutters -They will all probably play with this, but it will mainly be for Cate and Caleb.

8.  Rainbow crayons for Caleb (because he's broken so many)


I'm not sure about these men though. I don't know if there is anything I can make them that might actually turn out decent, with my "just go with" skill level.

For now, this is what I'll be working on. I'll be sure to post an update on the gifts!

4 comments:

  1. These sound like great ideas!! How about knitting a scarf for the husband??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting is above my talent level. lol It's a great idea though!

      Delete
  2. The handprint tote bag is ADORABLE!! LOVE that idea! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete