Saturday, February 2, 2013

The School Dance

Yesterday was the school dance.  The kids were super excited as I scrambled through the house like a mad woman trying to get them ready in time.  Never mind the fact that there was a screaming toddler clinging to my chalk-stained, shaving-cream scented, and oh-what's-that stained pants.  He has very strong views relating to Cate's hair styling process. Translation:  Let's get this mess started! Well, we managed to make it out the door in one piece, although my mind was not.  On the way to the school, I glanced out the window and thought: The school dance. The tell-tell sign that the kids are growing up.  Well, not actually.  But it's coming. It's when they have the audacity to look at you and wave, GOODBYE!
What?! How dare you?!  Does anyone have a tissue? 

3 comments:

  1. Haha love it...I looked at Ty and Zoria and was thinking I wished I had them when I was more mature. I was so young and even though I am raising them not being prepared financially and having to work all the time I missed soo much..so enjoy these years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I know you are a great mom. We all are in our own ways. I will enjoy these moments; however, there are some days I find myself saying, "How far away is 18?" LOL!

      Delete