Friday, February 8, 2013

Congratulations Are In Order - My Acceptance Speech

It's Friday! This makes one whole week of blogging for me. I think it does anyway. I'm one of those moms that have calendars everywhere, filled with dates and still have no idea what day it is. However, congratulations to me, I made it!. My hair is not falling out, the computer is still intact, the kids are alive and my husband hasn't left me. Really. I should get some kind of award or something. I mean I literally have no idea what I'm doing. Not yet anyway. However, I do love to write. I always have. I was the girl at school that took those learned vocabulary words and paraded around with them, as if I had finally found that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I skipped happily about, sharing my newfound wealth with everyone I met throughout the day. (In short- I was kind of wierd) So here's my acceptance speech. Oh for what am I accepting...I have no idea: Firstly, I would like to thank...no, not God. Haven't you people ever heard of saving the best for last? I would like to thank my scattered brain for being so jumbled at times that the only way I could remain sane was to vent by writing. I would love to repay you but as parenting and life become more hectic, your synapses may have nothing left to connect to. Secondly, I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to view this page. You've read the antics of an anti-social being belonging to too many social networking sources, conveying the meaning that, somehow, my life and opinions are so interesting that you should be engaged. Yeah, sounds like I have a classic case of narcissism. Thank you. Thirdly, I would like to thank my family for allowing me to "cheat" dinner on some days so I could write and accepting the fact that even when I'm physically in the room, my mind has been somewhere else. Seriously, who hasn't done that? Lastly, I would like to thank God for leading me to blogging, even though without proper instruction. I'm figuring it out. I plan to make this blog as entertaining, informative and funny as I possibly can. Prayer is indeed needed. So again I say thank you, as I try my best to live up to the unrealistic expectations of parenting and life from a caramel point of view. Oh, yeah. Third child and I still have no idea what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment