Saturday, February 16, 2013

SABOTAGE: PART 2

It is now 5:41am and Caleb has just clocked out. Well, it's about time. I had tried giving him food hoping he would get full and lazy but he wouln't eat much of anything. He did, however, drink from almost every cup in the house. This, then sent us to the potty about 10 times, calling out "shoomp" everytime he pulled his pull up down. He's full of so much energy. We had watched one and half movies that he had absolutely no interest in because he decided to play with his cars and an airplane. Oh, what's that? There is now a calling from the back room. Cate is up with a "stomach ache." What's going on? All we need is a keg and we'll be having a frat party. Oh Lord, please don't let AJ wake up. After taming the tummy, Cate is back in bed alongside Caleb who is refusing to get out. At least he didn't steal her stuffed animals again. I left him in the room and turned off the light. He would come thumping out in a minute. Sure enough, a few seconds later, there he was with some evil plot in his mind to get his drum. Over my dead body. You already won't let me sleep and now you want to start a band at four in the morning. Maybe God was on call when I sent up my prayer request. At this point I have no idea what else to do, so I started cleaning with my trusty assistant. Hey, if you won't let me sleep, you are going to work. I laid out clothes for tomorrow to be ironed. I swept the kitchen, cleaned and straightened the living room, cleaned the bathroom and folded and put away laundry. I folded laundry on the bed while Andre was still sleeping. He had rolled over in his sleep and some of my neatly folded piles fell on the floor. I wanted to kill him. Not really because the laundry had fallen but because he was still asleep. He should take well advantage of this priveledge. Because that's exactly what it is. You know what, he'll be priveledged if he's still alive in the morning! The things we moms go through while sleeping beauty over there hadn't uttered a sound. AJ either. What is it with the male genes? Oh, no. Not again. There is now crying from the back room making its way to my ears. Cate is near hyperventilating. "There's something under my bed," she cries out. Imagination is a few choice words I won't say. I'm tired. I get down on my hands and knees and take a peek, almost afraid something really is under that bed. Is that why Caleb kept looking down that hall and I couldn't sleep? I look. Nothing. Maybe I was more relieved than she was. I tucked her back into bed and read her a story, "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom." Caleb is trying to wipe her tears before he climbs into bed with her again. By the end of the book, Caleb was asleep and Caitlyn was not. No point in going to sleep now. It's almost time to get up. Well, you win some and you lose some.

2 comments:

  1. Lol!! It's one in the morning and I can't stop reading!! So funny I miss my babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what you're missing! Do we need to get on flight to Hawaii?! LOL

    ReplyDelete