Friday, February 15, 2013

Rekindle An Old Flame

I saw something today that made me think of an old friend. We see each other every now and then but no longer have that steady consistent relationship. So I approached my old friend and made a commitment to be around more regularly.
Yep, my coupon binder. TLC was airing old episodes of extreme couponing which got my juices flowing. After Caleb was born, my use of coupons was at a peak but then started a steady decline. Going to the store with both of them was not easy. I had to choose who would take that coveted seat in front of the shopping cart...my coupon binder or my baby. (In that car seat). I had chosen the coupon binder but I had no idea what to do with the baby. He had won. Today I rekindled that old spark, which was actually a high. I gathered my list and coupons and headed to the store.
Not that bad for the week. I was set on 100 though. I'll be working on bringing that down next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I gotta get mine going again too. I was all into it at one point and kind of put it down. But I will be getting mine together again soon too. Keep posting I enjoy reading. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can really stick to it this time too. Good luck with yours and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete