Monday, February 25, 2013

Will I Be The Biggest Loser

I have always been into fitness. I've always exercised and tried to eat right. I was a cheerleader and ran track in high school. I Worked out regularly, ran and played softball during college(not for the school team, they would have sent me home in tears), but now it's a different story. I try. I do. It just doesn't pan out right. I've always tried to use The Biggest Loser as a huge motivator. I will dutifully put on workout clothes and get ready to sweat while watching the show. This is what usually plays out.
I'm pumped. I'm ready. Let's bring sexy back.
20 minutes in. Shoot. I'm tired. These people crazy.
Now, I'm half watching them workout.Hmmm. Did I burn enough calories to eat this?
It's weigh in time. Oh, I bet he lost a lot. He was working hard. Uh-uh. She didn't hardly lose anything. She didn't do much. (Seemingly oblivious to the fact I'm now sitting down eating chocolate doing NOTHING!)
Yep. Hey I did a lot today. I'm tired.(excuses)

And then, the next morning when I'm trying to find something to wear.
Yep. So I have decided, again, to get this show on the road. Broadcasting this news to the world may hold me more accountable. Oh and this scripture. Wish me luck.
What? Know Ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which Ye have of God, and Ye are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19

2 comments:

  1. I have been hitting the gym a lot lately and I still can not fit in my smaller jeans lately. I am like you I have my little temptations as well (Chardonnay). I have enlisted a few of my friends to help me along the way. I need thought about putting it out there on my blog and seeing if that would help. Hope you are having an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm hoping putting it out there would hold me more accountable to get back into shape. I haven't mastered the "mind over matter" thng yet. Adding it to your blog or posting wieght loss updates may help to keep you motivated. You never know. Good luck with your get fit journey. I would love to see how it goes.


    ReplyDelete