Friday, September 6, 2013

Fitness Friday: Calculating My BMI

So it just so happens that on the Yolonda Adams morning show this morning,they were talking about child fitness/ obesity, school lunches and BMI ( body mass index ). Jump start on Fitness Friday. I started thinking about my BMI. I've looked at this a few times but years ago. For anybody that might not know, the BMI is a measure of your body fat based on your height and weight. I decided to calculate mine.



Taken last month

BMI scale:
<18.5 is underweight
18.25- 24.9 is normal
25-29.9 is overweight
Obesity is 30 and over

I went online and put in my height 5'7 and weight 156. My BMI read 24.4 which just barely puts me in the normal range. Of course, I disagree. It doesn't account for muscle and I have no desire to be a stick. I also put in my old weight, 176, which puts me overweight. If you've hung in there with me during this journey, you probably remember that starting picture with my seemingly 5 month pregnant pooch. Yep, that was right.

Obviously, this is to be used as a guide. I really don't care for it that much. I'd rather haves curves anyday. Not that I have a whole lot, but I've got to conserve them. Lol. Just not rolls.

Dress is from Walker Boutique-$44. You can shop online. I absolutely love their clothes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, what I would give to be in that weight range! I've had a love/hate relationship with the BMI scale. I think it's great as a general guideline just maybe not for people of color (african americans, latinas, asians) who I feel have different body types that the scale doesn't take into account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I like those kmart commercials where Sofia says you can't draw a woman with straight lines!

      Delete