Saturday, September 7, 2013

Don't Be Afraid Of Praise

Let everything that have breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6

As we cheer and shout our support for our favorite football teams, do we cheer and shout our praise and love for God? We should be just as excited and enthusiastic to show our love for Him. We go to watch the football games looking for the win but with God, we've already got the victory. Praise Him! Don't be afraid to let the spirit move you. I remember when I used to be so afraid to stand up, to shout, to give God praise. I wanted to get up. I wanted to throw my hands up, but what would everybody say? I had to break out of that. I had to realize that my praise wasn't for the people. I had to praise God for everything he's done for me. I had to thank Him for the circumstances he's delivered me from. I had to thank Him for just being Him. So forget about who's looking or what you think someone's saying. If you want to shout, shout. If you want to dance, do it. Did David not dance before God? My praise is between me and God, and I'm going to praise Him.
Choose today to give him all the glory and all the praise.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 98:4

3 comments:

  1. I was feeling this exact same way today. We can't be afraid to praise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I used to experience that until one day I became more concerned with what God thinks about my praise. I have to remember that my praise will not look like your praise because your story doesn't look like my story, and all I'm concerned with is giving God the glory.

      Delete
  2. That's right girl, we shouldn't. Praise is powerful and we shouldn't be afraid to let the spirit manifest in us to create a joyful noise and give God the glory.

    ReplyDelete