Monday, January 22, 2018

My 2018 Word Of The Year


A new year.  Another chance at life.  Another year of possibilities. Some new goals. Some old goals.  

I usually make a few goals every year, but I also try to make goals throughout the year.

I usually list my goals, make a vision board (write the vision. Make it plain.).  This year I ordered a goal setting book that I'll blog about later.  It asked you to pick a word of the Year.  I've never chosen a word for the Year.  It took me a while to choose one too, because I kept switching between several.  I finally settled on "BLOOM."


Last year, I ordered a bloom daily planner and fell in love with it.  The thought of blooming into your whole self, your best self...  I absolutely loved it and this planner.  I ordered it again this year.  However, the only one that had the layout I wanted had this quote on the cover:

Bloom Where You Are Planted

I felt like it was speaking directly to me.  A few weeks earlier, I strolled acrosd two different sermons and a host of instagram posts all related or directly talking about growth and blooming.  I just couldn't shake the word.  I tried to.  


So I was like, "Ok God, I hear you."  It's time.  Not that I believe in waiting for "the perfect time."  I'm just still trying to manage it.  Ummm...twin toddler life!  Busy! Busy! Busy!  I be knocked out and asleep in a heartbeat.  So finding time to crush goals without falling asleep is a struggle.  Some things get easier as they get older.  Some things get harder.  I'm still figuring it out.

Another thing - I'm kind of quiet, kind of introverted, kind of keep to myself, kind of me. Lol.  Nothing really wrong with that, but I'm working on that too.



So in 2018, I plan to bloom.  Bloom in my faith, bloom in my relationships, bloom in work, just beautifully bloom in life.


Bloom and let yourself be free.


How I plan to bloom -

Really listening and praying for God's direction in my life.  You can always use more of that.
Making sure I make the most of every opportunity. 
Saying "no" to some things so I can say "yes" to myself.
Using all resources available to me to the fullest extent. 
Not putting fear over faith
Really utilizing the gifts God gave me
Taking more risks
Enjoying the moments and the journey.  




So here's to blooming in 2018.  It's time.  Maybe it's your time too.






























No comments:

Post a Comment