Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! 2018



Now, we hardly ever get snow in the south.  When it was announced that there was a winter storm coming and there was a chance of snow, the kids started going crazy.  Then, the announcement of the county under a state of emergency plus the school employees being off Wednesday really set them off. I was pretty skeptical at first.  We've gotten snow warnings before and nothing happened.  My skepticism almost put a damper on Cate's hopes. Mom of the year. So, I had to redeem myself and say "Well, it is a pretty good chance. It probably is going to snow."


When we first woke up, it wasn't snowing at all.  Cate was disappointed.  However, a few snow flurries started coming down around 10 and everybody flew outside.  It didn't start coming down good until around noon.  All you heard was screaming.  The kids were scrambling to get their coats on to go out. Here are some of our snow pics of the day.






Who doesn't stick their tongue out to taste the snow?




Problem: Doesn't want to hold the snowball anymore.  Also doesn't want anyone else to hold it.





The twins had a lot of fun!  They didn't even want to come in to get warm.  Cason threw his gloves a few times.  Once he touched that cold snow, I bet he didn't do it again.


Even the teenager decided to come out and get a feel of the snow.


We got a lot more than I expected. 




After we got a good bit on the ground, I got the shovels and buckets out for the twins.  




Cate went right to work making giant snowballs.




We managed to make a family of snowmen before all the snow melted.  Cason kept eating the carrot noses, though.



At about 7:30, our little snow family was still partly holding up. One our "twins" has fallen over.  Snow imitating real life.😁


We watched "The Snowy Day" and read the book to add to theme of the day. I also did a little snow craft to go along with the book with the twins.  We used white paint for snow and let the twins paint their paper.  Then, they glued Peter on.  For tot school next week, the theme is winter.  So the winter snow storm was a good intro.


This is definitely a snow day for the books.  Lots of memories made!  I probably took more videos than I did pics.  I really wanted to capture their excitement and all the fun.  I'll be posting the video to my CuddlesKissesNChaos facebook page.
  











No comments:

Post a Comment