Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Monthly Activity Planning

Back from a long labor day weekend.  Ours was extra long being that we were also out Friday due to the hurricane and yesterday for a teacher workday.  So today we are back on the grind and back to busy.  This month officially starts a variety of activities for us which means we will be all over the place.  Luckily, I managed to have a system to keep up with it all.  Now, it in no way means that I'll be on time.  It's a nice thought, though. lol

Pin It


If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, then you may have  seen the video of my school notebook.  If not, I'll be blogging it soon. 
So I like to use a large desk calendar that I put on the wall, my school notebook, highlighters and washi tape to decorate and plan out my calendar.


When I finish with it, I like to hang it in the middle of the hall so everyone can see everything.  If there is anything that annoys me most, it's everyone asking me the same thing over and over again.  It's on the calendar.


One of the very first things I like to do when planning out activities on the calendar is to assign everyone a color.  The bills are also in a color.  It just makes it much easier to keep up with each kid's activities.  It also makes it easier for them to spot.  Caleb is 5 and he knows his color is blue.  He knows if he has something that day if he sees blue.  We also try and make sure we put a line through the previous days so he knows what the day is.


Another thing I like to use is washi tape.  Any type of activity or event that spans over a couple of days will have washi tape on it.  It just lets us know that this is an ongoing event.  I also know when it's coming to an end easily and if I need to act soon. 



I start jotting down my events using the events from newsletters, schedules and calendars in the school notebook as well as any others.  As more schedules become available, I'll start adding more events to the calendar.


Then I color code the events and that's it.  Everything is easy to see and find. 





And just so you know how it goes down over here.  Almost everything is done with a baby in hand.  Haha.  Cason is sleeping or else he'd be crawling in the kitchen.  I need to be scheduling a hair appointment! 




No comments:

Post a Comment