Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Having Hope During The Storm

Well I've been meaning to write this one for a while, mainly because we always seem to be going through a storm.  So if you are going through one, coming out of one or about to go in one, there is hope.

Having hope during the storm can bring you closer to God.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

I've been holding fast to this scripture.  It seems like every time I turn around, Hell is trying to break loose.  Depression and defeat keep trying to knock on our doors and creep through our windows, but I'm shutting it out.  I won't fall at the feet of the enemy and allow him to steal the hope and belief that I have that Jesus will deliver me.  When it seems like so much is going on and there is so much on your plate, don't give up.  Have hope.  Rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction, be persistent in prayer.  (Romans 12:12) 

I really believe that prayer changes things and it's also like a form of medicine.  I feel so much better when I pray.  My problems don't bother me as much and I always come away from prayer with a renewed hope.  Psalm 71 says "For you are my hope, Lord God, my confidence from my youth."  God is my hope.  If I look at everything how it is, I don't think I could go on.  But I've chosen to put my trust and hope in my God.  My Healer, Protector, Provider, Deliver, my All.  

Everything may not go according to our own plans but they are according to the Master Plan.  Trust in the Lord and put your hope, faith and belief in Him and things will work out for the greater good.  No matter how long it seems like the winds blow, the rain pours or the thunder roars, remember the storm doesn't last forever.





2 comments: