Those I don't want to hurt his feelings, It will crush her spirit, and he's not ready lies. Those I've just about had it, can't take it anymore, just do it already times of desperation lies.
There are times when those little white lies just make the days run a little bit smoother (the tooth fairy must have had a very busy night and will come by tomorrow), a little bit happier ( yes that picture looks just like daddy), and a little more calmer (the quiet game is really a game. It is.). When in reality I just forgot or went to sleep or both, I can't even identify your drawing, and my brain is shutting down. I need peace.
So here's a few more I'm guilty of:
And here's a few more
And then we wonder why our houses are filled with little Pinocchios and we get responses like these:
1. I can't eat. My arm is broken.
2. It wasn't me. It was another boy named AJ in another class.
3. It was someone else who tied my shoe strings together.
4. I didn't steal his money. God left it for me.
5. Jesus said I could have a piece of candy.
6. My daddy killed a bear in the back yard. (to the preschool teacher)
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."