Monday, July 10, 2017

Money Mondays: Learn To Use What You Have First





One who is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.  Luke 16:10

"Lord, please bless my finances."  "Bless me financially."  "Deliver us in our finances." "I'm praying for a financial blessing."  "I need an increase, Lord."  We've all heard these little prayers before and have most likely called them out ourselves.  I know we have.  It is the "prayer heard 'round the world."  Everything will just be alright if I can increase my finances.  If I just had more money, I'd be able to live a little better.

We pray this impatient prayer all the time.  However, how many of us are praying for wisdom to learn how to use what we already have?  How many of us are asking for guidance so that we can make the best financial decisions with what we have now?  Too many times we are praying for the wrong thing.  Many times we don't even prepare for what we're praying for.  It doesn't make sense for me to have an increase in my finances, when I don't really know what I'm doing with the little I have.  We just have more money to make an even bigger mess than the one we started with.  When we haven't learned how to manage our money, no amount of money is going to make too much difference.  Sooner or later, we're going to find ourselves back where we started.

Start, instead, by asking God for wisdom and understanding in learning to use what you have.  When you get a handle on what you have, you'll be better prepared for when the increase comes. 

Money with Miranda
The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands. - Proverbs 14:1



Hey guys!  I hope you enjoyed this post!  I've been asked about finance workshops a lot and my hectic life is...well...you know. lol 
So this is one way, I'll be getting information out there.  Every Monday, I'll be doing "Money with Miranda" and encouraging biblical guidance with our finances.  I also speak at a few women's conferences once or twice a year.  Maybe one day soon ( and twin free for a few hours ), we'll get some workshops going.

Let me know what you guys think!


No comments:

Post a Comment