Monday, August 7, 2017

Money Mondays - Renew Your Mind And Shut Your Mouth







Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.  Romans 12:2

Like many problems that we encounter, they usually erupt or are made worse by a particular way of thinking.  A negative way of thinking.  Sometimes we are so stuck in a mindset {or have been conditioned to a particular one passed down by generations and/or encouraged by our every day encounters) that we find ourselves bound to them. It is most easily accepted and believed.  It is the norm.  It is the ordinary.  It is my supposed life.

Not. Today. Satan.

We have to ask God for help to change our way of thinking, to renew our minds.  It's easy to believe the negative especially when it seems that's all you see.  However, we must change our way of thinking so we can progress in a positive direction.  We have to believe our situations can and will change.  Mark 9:23 says "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." I remember when I used to sit to the table and cry and stress over our finances.  It seemed like every step forward was followed by 10 steps back.  I believed that our situation was going to change, yet when things got worse I had doubts.  Just like the father cried out to Jesus, we have to ask God to help our unbelief.


Then, we need to shut our mouths! I mean talking that negative talk!

What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them. Mathew 15:11


"I ain't gonna never get out of this debt."  "I can't save any money." "I'm not even going to try."

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:29

Remember you are listening to you!  How many others are listening to you too?  How long are we going to say that until it's the only thing we believe?  There is life and death in the power of the tongue.  We can't get discouraged or content with where we are and start speaking death over our finances or lives.  You think I'm just going to give up like that? I'm looking for greater.  I don't know when it's coming, but I'll be speaking it into existence until it gets here.   "I am going to get out of debt." "I can and will save money." "I'm going to try and keep trying."  I don't care what is looks like, feels like, or sounds like.  My greater is coming!  Our greater is coming!  Speak Life!


Big thanks to my sister for volunteering her face for my blog antics!

Read my first Money Monday post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment