Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Me Vs The Closet: Round 2

If you've read my other post, you probably remember I've been weeding out my closet and trying to better organize it. And of course when you mention closet, it simply means the woman's room being that most everything in there belongs to me.   Well, I've finally got it finished and neatly organized without all the extra junk that was clogging it up. I think it looks so much better.

 
This is what the finished closet looks like.









 
 
I added the baskets in the top of the closet and did some rearranging.

 
They didn't fit right on the shelf if I turned them with the label facing outward.  I didn't like the way they hung off a little, so I turned them sideways and they fit perfect.  However, you can't see the label and I didn't want to mess up the basket by adding anything to the fabric. 
 
 I threw bags in one basket.  In the second, there is just a combination of hats, belts and scarves.  I would like them hung up but this works in our space.  These baskets were 7.47 each at Walmart.  I won't lie, I stood there about 15 minutes wrestling with the idea of buying these baskets.  I just didn't want to pay for them.


     
 
I've had these plastic stands for years.  I found them at the Fred's Dollar Store for 2.99 each.  They have been holding up pretty well. 
 
 

                   
 
Before                                                                                 After
 
 
I did mention to the hubs that this meant I would need to go shopping.  I have a slight problem buying things for myself though, so I don't think he's that worried.  Maybe he should be.
 

4 comments:

  1. Your closet looks AMAZING!! Love it! Especially love the red baskets up top! Fabulous! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Those baskets are great. I probably stood in the store an extra 10 minutes deciding on that color!

      Delete
  2. Look at you! The closet looks so GOOD! Can you come by my house? Please? I will pay you in cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. However after I stuff my face with all the cupcakes, I might need to purge again!

      Delete