Monday, July 3, 2017

Summer Reading Book List

I haven't had a chance to actually sit down and read a book in a good while.  So I was hoping this summer I'd get a chance to completely ignore my children and read.  Okay, not completely ignore them, maybe.  Then, also try to factor in not falling asleep while trying to do so. I've already dozed off a couple of times and sometimes just flat out went into hibernation.  Y'all know how it is with kids. Therefore,  my summer reading list is turning into my "read by the end of the year" list.
Nevertheless, she persisted. 




So here's what's on my reading list! I'm excited and can't wait to read all of these!


1.  The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.
This is what I'm currently reading.  I had heard of it before and decided we needed it.  You can look for an post update on this one soon.



2.  Milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
It is a book of poetry that I stumbled across on Amazon.  It was a best seller and highly rated so I decided to give it a try.  We'll see what comes of it.


3.  The Friendship Lifeline by Erica Grant.
This a book written by one of my friends on Godly friendships.  I've started reading this already and am taking notes.  I could definitely use advice here on choosing and being a good friend.  I'm not good with keeping in touch with people even if I like them. Jesus fix it.


4.  Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst
I follow Lysa Terkeurst on Facebook and really enjoy her wisdom.  This will be the first book that I've read from her.  I'd still like to read Uninvited as well.


5.  Year of Yes - Shonda Rhimes
First of all, let's just thank Shonda for Grey's, Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder.  When I do get to watch them, no matter how long it's been, I am always captivated.  She really has a brilliant gift of writing. 
So back to the book.  I keep hearing great things about this book.  I am also one that needs to stick to yes so I can see what blossoms. I'm looking forward to reading this one.



5.  Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson
An Instagram friend shared this one and I was immediately intrigued. Maybe it was the title. Perhaps it was because I know what it feels like to be completely broken.  I can only imagine the narrative. I can't wait to get to the bottom of that!



6.  The Complete Poetry Edition of Maya Angelou.
 After watching a documentary on her life that I was completely unaware of parts, I wanted to read more of her lesser known work.



7.  The Complete Book of Home Organization by Toni Hammersley (abowlfulloflemons)
I'm a sucker for organization books, posts, containers, etc. I love organizing, not so much now with the twins destroying everything. I do mean everything, too! My method of organizing now has been "just throw it away." Nevertheless, she persisted. Lol.  I still like beauty of organizing even when it feels like the twins are defeating the purpose.


What are you reading this summer or this year?  Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment