Saturday, July 8, 2017

Birthday Hair - Perm Rods On Natural Hair




I've got several comments, messages and questions about my "birthday hair."  Thanks to all for the positive comments!  You can adjust this routine to fit you, but here's what I did and what I used.


These are all the products that I used on my hair for this style.

Suave professionals Coconut oil infusion shampoo
Tresemme Naturals conditioner
Infusium 23
Camille Rose Moisture Milk
Ecostyler gel
Pantene Argan Shine serum
Spray bottle with water

After washing and conditioning my hair, I applied Infusium 23 as a leave in.  This is not my normal leave in, but a bottle that I am trying to finish off.  Then I sectioned my hair and applied the Camille Rose moisture milk.




Then, I grabbed some medium sections and applied the ecostyler.  If my hair felt a little too dry, I'd spray it with the water bottle. I didn't want it soaking wet, just a little moist. Then, I'd put the ecostyler on. I used two different rollers, white in the back and in the bottom sides.  Then I put the peach colored ones in the top.  I'm a little obsessed with tapered cuts, so I was trying to emulate one.  My hair is a good bit longer, though.



I could see a little fuzz as I was rolling some of them.  I figured maybe I should have rolled my hair onto the roller vs. rolling the roller into my hair, if that makes sense to you.


  If you remember from my journey to minimalism post, I mentioned some products that I was going to make sure I use.  This is one of them.  It made my hair really shine, and I received lots of comments about that too.


I slept in a bonnet over night and then unrolled the next afternoon.  It started to lightly drizzle that morning and there was no way I was taking my hair down until it was almost time to go. lol



You can see my frizzy roots good here.



After a bit of separating and lifting the roots, here's what we have.  I was pretty happy with it even with all the frizz.  However, every time I curl my hair, I get the overwhelming urge to cut it off in a shorter style.  I've big chopped twice already.


Tips: The Loc method works wonders for retaining moisture.  Sometimes we switch it up to Lco - liquid, cream then oil.
I couldn't find my oil when I did my hair at 2 in the morning. lol 
That's that mom life for you!


XOXO
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment