Monday, May 13, 2013

Coupon Haul

Maybe one day I will struggle and strain down the grocery store aisle pushing a two ton shopping cart overflowing with enough food and products to end world hunger.  Maybe I'll unload all my precious cargo onto a two short conveyor belt and hand over a bucket of coupons to a disgruntled and "oh, why did you have to come to my line?" cashier.  Maybe I'll even happily exit the store with a wallet intact from only paying $4.39 for $1500.00 worth of groceries.  Maybe one day, but not today or this weekend.  But here's what did happen.

 Tip - Leave husband at home.  Dollar General Trip -  Buy Stayfree and get a carefree free.  Had 2 $1 coupons for stayfree.  VanCamp's 5 for $3 - had 3 $.35 coupons. Husband threw in bandaids and duck tape for an extra 4.50.  I would have only paid a little over $5. 
 
total - 10.21
 
Bi -Lo Trip - Special K - 2/$5 - 2 $.70 coupons, tissue 3.99 - $1 coupon, juice $3- $1 coupon, zest $2- $1 coupon, hormel complete 3 for $9 - $1 coupon off each, Ice cream BOGO -$1 coupon off each, Cream cheese $2- $1 coupon, shaving cream - $2- .70 coupon, dryer sheets 2.99- $1 coupon, toothpaste BOGO- no coupons
 
All of the prices listed on both pictures are before the coupons are taken off.
 
 Just realized the picture cut off the total -Total paid 23.94
 
Hopefully the money saved from couponing and my other tactics will get us quicker out of this debt dungeon in about 3 years.  Most of it, anyway.  The quicker, the better.   
 
The enemy seems to be hell bent on making us stagnant, but I bind up all those spirits in the name of Jesus and I decree that we will be prosperous in every aspect of this life! 
 
Happy Couponing!

4 comments:

  1. Man,I need to get with this couponing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it try. You never know how much you might save.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did. I was like a kid in a candy store. lol

      Delete