Thursday, June 16, 2016

Summer Learning: Site Word Activities

To start off, I'm going to say that my kids don't entirely hate me over the summers.  However, I am a firm believer in keeping the learning alive over summer.  I don't know.  Maybe it's just the teacher in me!

Well Mr. Caleb will be entering kindergarten in the Fall and one of the things we've been focusing on is site words.  One thing we do is a site word journal.



I write the word at the top and have him read it and spell it.  Then he has to find and circle the site word among other site words.  Then, he has to trace the word and write it.  We occasionally add magnetic letters so he can build the word as well.

Another activity we do is site word bingo.



Now you can use or make smaller grids too.  I created these on bingobaker.com.  You can create and print bingo cards for free.  You don't have to login or register.  I didn't.  However, if you do you can save and keep track of cards you've made.  Totally up to you.

Hope you enjoyed these activities!  They are simple and fun to do!  "Just keep learning!" - in my Dory voice. Haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment