Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Twins Are 8 Months Old


45 minutes, 154 shots (I like to have options), 2 slobbery shirts, no I will not wear these glasses, stop eating the number, 1 crawl away baby, and a clunk upside the head with the pointer later.  I love doing some sort of theme for their monthly pictures.  It might take a while, but they just turn out so cute!

It's still kind of hard to believe the babies are 8 months old already.  That one year mark seems like it is coming too fast!  


Cason is into absolutely everything all the time.  In the last 3 weeks, he has went from crawling to pulling up on his knees to pulling up to standing and now he is trying to "cruise."  The answer is yes.  I am tired all the time.  I do believe that this book he decided to pull down is in reference to me! LOL!!  I just thank God that they both are not moving at the same time. He knows what I need.  I think He is giving me time to adjust to Cason before Cameron is moving too.


Cameron is my sweet "mama's boy."  At least that is what Andre calls him.  He is still only sitting and ain't even worried about trying to crawl.  He can spin himself all the way around while sitting though.  However, if you put him on his belly for tummy time, he will just roll right over.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  It's too hot, I guess.  Haha.


Both of the babies have two little pegs in their mouths.  Cameron's teeth came in first, one then the other.  About 2-3 weeks later Cason's teeth started coming in both at the same time.  They won't chew on any teething rings, but they will suck on a rag or blanket.  Sometimes we chill a rag for a few minutes before giving it to them.  I'm looking into getting an amber necklace for each of them.


The twins are pretty mild mannered and calm most of the time until they get really sleepy.  Cason will suck a pacifier while Cameron will not so it takes a little longer to calm Cameron down if he's crying.  In this pic, I was sitting on the floor trying to rock Cameron to sleep while he's crying.  Cason, since he is mobile, crawled right on up and climbed in my lap too.  He laid right on down.  This is called entrapment. LOL.  I just sat there and tried to rock them both until they fell asleep.



Then, problem solving skills had to come into play once they were both asleep. How in the devil was I going to get up off the floor.  However, being at home with the twins all day you figure stuff out quick.  I managed to slide one on the floor while I put the other in the bed and then got the second baby.



It gets pretty busy around here and some days are worse than others.  However, I try really hard not to stress much over anything.  It's a process, but that's how I keep it together.  Whatever doesn't get done today...well, there's another day.  This process might not work for some that need to have things neat and tidy immediately and I used to be that way too.  Realistically, you just do what you can when you can and just be thankful for these little blessings that you prayed so hard for.


This is typically what the house looks like by the afternoon.  The older kids have put almost every toy in the floor to make sure the babies are having a great time.  They have built a makeshift baby gate to keep Cason out of the kitchen.  My chances of finding an eight and half foot wide baby gate have been looking pretty slim.  The babies are making happy messes while letting Cate feed them as well as trying to feed themselves.  I've just embraced it all.  Embrace the chaos.  It's our beautiful blessed mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment